Lacrosse Outreach Coach Job Description
OWLS is a sports-based youth development organization that creates opportunities for youth in Chicago’s underserved communities. With lacrosse as its foundation, OWLS provides impactful mentorship and access to scholarships, improving the academic and social outcomes of the youth it serves.
Want to make a difference in the lives of Chicago youth by coaching the sport we all love in an educational setting?
We are currently seeking youth lacrosse coaches to support the facilitation and execution of “learn-to-play” OWLS Outreach programming delivered to our school and community partners. This candidate should have at least 3 years of relative lacrosse coaching experience working with kids ranging in grades 3rd-12th. Candidates must possess strong leadership and time management skills.
The OWLS Outreach program is a vehicle for an initial introduction to the OWLS organization and serves as the primary recruitment tool for its additional programs. Outreach is strategic lacrosse programming that is in alignment with OWLS community partners. Outreach offerings include but are not limited to learn-to-play clinics, physical education classes, after school programs, and skill camps.
The candidate’s primary responsibility is to support the OWLS Outreach Coordinator’s delivery of Programming:
- Coach lacrosse outreach clinics at OWLS schools and community partner organizations
- Serve as a liaison between OWLS staff and coach volunteers for Outreach Programming
- Assist with registration and attendance tracking of Outreach participants
- Organize and inventory equipment / apparel for students and partners
- Report to Chief Program Officer regarding all program updates and execution of Outreach Programs
- The job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
- Daily time commitments will typically not exceed 3 hours
- Days/ Times of need: Monday – Friday (3pm-5pm), Saturday (10am-12pm)
- $20-$25/hour based on experience and availability
- 10-15 hours/week (hours will vary based on season)
- Access to car needed
- Multiple positions available for immediate hire
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour