COVID-19 Impact Numbers
Our most vulnerable communities have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we have an obligation to continue honoring our mission as efficiently, safely, and creatively as possible.
Programming Hours during Quarantine
Remote learning and tutoring
Virtual lacrosse programming
Academy Scholar Zoom Sessions
Direct Relief for OWLS Families
Student activity care packages
Lacrosse sticks and practice balls
Grocery deliveries to combat food insecurity
OWLS Fall Impact
- 500+ hours of virtual and safe in-person programming since August
- Increased middle school Academy Scholars enrollment by 50%
- 250+ hours spent on virtual academic workshops and tutoring sessions
- Established required weekly “Guided Study” and monthly “Academy Enrichment” program for High School Scholars. Shout-out to our programming partners at Educational Endeavors (guided study) and PLL Assists (enrichment)!
- In early November, we launched a mentorship program to support Academy Scholars starting in 6th grade through high school graduation (and beyond). Academy Scholars and mentors engage in monthly check-ins, goal-setting reports, and discussions around academic, athletic, and social growth.
Stay Engaged with OWLS
- We are continuing to assess the unique challenges of our individual families that go far beyond the lacrosse fields, and supporting tactics to best serve their needs. As we move forward, we will lean on the community to support our continued efforts to provide crucial resources to OWLS Families.
- We are keeping our #GivingTuesdayNow campaign open with all additional proceeds supporting families adversely affected by COVID-19. Support includes direct financial support, student activity care packages, and grocery deliveries for those battling food insecurity.