Our most vulnerable communities have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we have an obligation to continue honoring our mission as efficiently, safely, and creatively as possible.
OWLS COVID19 Response Since March 13th
- On March 13th we suspended all live OWLS League and Outreach programs indefinitely. We are actively following the recommendations of the CDC and State of Illinois, and will return to live programming as soon as safely possible.
- OWLS Academy program has moved to 100% virtual sessions to support the continued educational and social-emotional development of Academy Scholars.
- Thanks to the resiliency of students and staff our academic, team-building, and individual tutoring curriculum has stayed the course.
Stay Engaged with OWLS
- We are continuing to assess the unique challenges of our individual families that go far beyond the lacrosse fields, and supporting tactics to best serve their needs. As we move forward, we will lean on the community to support our continued efforts to provide crucial resources to OWLS Families.
- We are keeping our #GivingTuesdayNow campaign open with all additional proceeds supporting families adversely affected by COVID-19. Support includes direct financial support, student activity care packages, and grocery deliveries for those battling food insecurity.
Programming Hours during Quarantine
Remote learning and tutoring
Virtual lacrosse programming
Academy Scholar Zoom Sessions
Direct Relief for OWLS Families
Student activity care packages
Lacrosse sticks and practice balls
Grocery deliveries to combat food insecurity